Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Appreciation

While away from home you learn to appreciate the little things. Yesterday, I had one of those moments that made me stop and think very deeply. I was shopping at the grocery store picking up my weekly groceries and since I used my credit card they ask for a form of identification. I handed the lady my passport and she was in awe. She stopped, stared at the bald eagle at the top, rubbed her finger over it, and smiled. She said to me "It's a marvelous creature isn't it?" I really didn't know what to say to her besides "Yeah." I know not all Americans have seen a bald eagle but I have and I know they are beautiful animals. I tried to envision the situation from her point of view, she has never seen a bald eagle, the national emblem for the USA. It's almost like some mythical beast that doesn't exist.

Lately I have seen a bald eagle every year and I know that I haven't appreciated that fact as much as I should. Now the big question is; what other parts of daily life do I not appreciate that I should? What do you not appreciate enough? Time for some real thinking...

1 comment:

  1. found your blog brian hope you are enjoying your once in a lifetime adventure , happy belated birthday btw hope you remembered the 20 bucks find my on google jgza1979. you should have told the woman that the eagles hover around your home that would have really put her in awe.

    ReplyDelete