Saturday, January 11, 2014

We are FAMILY

Sweden is INCREDIBLE. In my accommodation, Vilhelmsro, there are people from Germany, Russia, Mexico, Canada, Latvia, USA, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, Japan, and everywhere in between. I have only been here a short week and it is crazy to see how much everybody cares about each other and how polite everyone is. It could be sharing a meal together like Italian pasta made by Italians (delicious by the way), or sharing in political conversations, or simply learning about each others cultures and language.  It does not matter where you are from, we are all people. We are students here to advance our education and have the experience of a lifetime, and so far Jönköping, Sweden has succeeded.

It appears that I am the only one from a farm here so I have even been referred to as Brian the farmer. Apparently I have an accent too so I am known as Brian from Wisconsin. It has been great to get to know all of the international students from all over the world! It's interesting to see how proficient everyone is in English, with some knowing more words that I do, and some knowing very few with the hope that they advance their skills while here. Living here is hard to describe in words because it's something very special that only people who study in another country get to experience.


I can tell that so many people truly care and will take care of each other if we ever have problems or get into some sort of trouble. I have met only a few Swedish people but from the few that I have met, it is very evident that Swedish people are truly some of the nicest people in the world. I am so excited to spend the next four and a half months here. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment